Same-Day CEREC Crowns in Hyannis, MA
There are many situations in which patients would receive dental crowns as a standalone restoration procedure or as a part of another more intensive process, such as root canal therapy or dental implants. At Hyannis Dental Partners, we bring CEREC technology to your dental procedures. CEREC crowns allow for convenience and have become viable for resolving moderate to severe dental concerns. CEREC design-manufacture systems make creating same-day restorations easier for dental offices while patients wait.
Good Candidates for CEREC Crowns
While not everyone may need CEREC crowns, these restorations are a choice for:
- Extensive tooth decay – After a tooth weakens in structure due to severe decay, it becomes prone to fracture, breakage, and disintegration. A crown can save the tooth from extraction.
- Post root canal therapy – Once you have received pulpitis or pulp damage treatment, you can get a crown to cap the tooth and offer additional protection. A crown reinforces the tooth that has weakened from pulp infection or damage.
- Severe injury – A tooth that suffers fragments from injury can be salvaged by fitting a crown. The crown prevents further breakage.
- Missing teeth – Those receiving dental implants can have crowns fitted over the implant to replace the lost tooth.
- Crooked, uneven, or discolored teeth – Our dentists can perform same-day crowns near you to correct gapped, discolored, and crooked teeth.
Our dentist must examine your issue and see if CEREC dentistry can resolve it.
Same-Day Crown Process
If you are fit for same-day dental crowns near you, we begin by prepping the tooth to be crowned so the crown fits properly. This includes shaving the tooth and cleaning it. After that, we scan the prepped tooth using our digital imaging system that makes 3D images of the tooth. The system also creates a blueprint that we use to fabricate the crown.
After the milling unit makes the crown using the blueprint details, our dentists make any adjustments that may be required and then permanently bond it to the tooth. From making the crown to placing it, it takes roughly one hour rather than the two weeks people have to wait for conventional crowns.
Visit Hyannis Dental Partners today to get evaluated for same-day CEREC crown placement.